On the Whaleshares blockchain, witnesses serve a role of validating signatures and timestamping transactions by including them in blocks. A block is any group of transactions (posts, votes, transfers, etc) which update the state of the database. Each time a witness produces a block, they are paid for their service. If a witness fails to produce a block, then they are not paid, and may even be voted out.
Witnesses are generally expected to manage a reliable block producing node, implement a failover system, maintain a public seed node, tune blockchain operating parameters, but since Whaleshares is a infant blockchain most of the above mentioned are not rarely implemented yet.
As a WLS user who wants to see this platform continue to grow and flourish, we all have 30 votes to cast for any WLS witness of our choice and I will say this is the most important 30 votes you will ever cast on this platform.
Lets call them Blockchain Guardians or a slight used term block producers.
Meet our Blockchain Guardians is a series put in place to know more about our very own witnesses, there roles and obligations. We need them as much as they needs us. Our witness are the leaders on the platform and thus it is our paramount importance that we due our due diligence before casting our votes.
Today I had the opportunity to interview a person that helped me out from the start of my WLS journey and I am very grateful for this person.
Thanks for the opportunity to share more about ourselves to the community!
What brought you to WLS?
- Whaleshares was discovered by accident! I saw a post about the Sharedrop . I knew the name of Whaleshares from the Steem blockchain and then saw @officialfuzzy had an instrumental hand in the Whaleshares vision. As I researched more and learned about the strong focus on community...I knew I wanted to be here.
What got you interested in becoming a Witness?
- After discovering Whaleshares I realized I COULD make a change in the world by helping the world interact. Genuinely interacting with others can lead to fruitful, productive relationships and @lexiwitness will help encourage that community interaction.
What have you developed for WLS?
The main focus of @lexiwitness is community engagement and helping others become better content creators. We are currently in the process of of engineering a Community Engagement Challenge that will be very intense and rewarding.
Daily curation helps to strengthen the community through genuine comments and rewards strong content which will hopefully help others find content they are genuinely interested in.
The Meme Challenge is used to promote Whaleshares across many social media channels to bring more awareness about the platform's existence.
The 'Football Prediction Contest' gives Whalesharians a chance to win Whaletokens while also learning about the other witnesses. It's a fun contest but also increases Whalesharian' knowledge of other witnesses which helps them to make more informed decisions when deciding which witnesses to vote for.
Being a witness takes a lot of time and energy, how do you keep a balance between this and other commitments?
- This has been a huge learning curve for me, personally. I have been trying to keep a better sleep schedule and structure out my day to accomplish work and life goals.
Where do you see WLS in 5 years?
- Whaleshares will eventually be a Community Cooperative, specifically a Decentralized Autonomous Cooperative. If we establish a strong sharing culture for the benefit of each Whalesharian then the sky will be the limit. In five years I imagine many DApps will be running on the chain. There will be projects that start on our chain but will grow large enough to extend their reach beyond just Whaleshares. Also, I could see Whalesharians achieving success in life due to the relationships and skills developed on wls. Additionally, the governance model of the DAC will be the defacto blue print others begin to emulate when they see the success it has had for the Whaleshares Community.
When you are not in front of your computer helping the WLS community, what other hobbies do you have?
- Spending time with my family is my main "hobby". We like to go hiking, swimming, and play in the country. The last year I have taken a larger interest in photography and usually have my camera on me wherever I go. I also collect sports cards and am a DIY handyman. I never miss a Cleveland Browns football game.
If you could only vote for one witness (not yourself) who would it be and why?
- This is a tough question. It would be a coin flip between @powerpicswitness or @krazywitness because of their commitment to community. The way in which they keep the community involved and take suggestions for the improvement of the platform is leading by example and makes me comfortable about the direction of Whaleshares.
If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- Supernatural speed. There are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I desire to. It would be fantastic to accomplish tasks at a superfast pace and spend more time doing the things I love.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer a couple questions for our community. 🤝🏻
As WhaleShares users we need to do everything in our power to choose Block Guardians that will represent the community well. Before voting make sure you do some research on the people you are voting for and be informed. Head over to https://whaleshares.io/~witnesses and click on some of the witnesses names, get to know them a bit better and do your part to make sure this community thrives.
Now that you have read something about @lexikon082 - @lexiwitness, It will be good and kind of you to show them some love by going to the witness page, search the box and type @lexiwitness to cast your vote for them as your Block Producer.
Please catch our next Meet Our Blockchain Guardians soon. Take Care.
Meet our Blockchain Guardians Series:
Find me on Discord, Lets explorer this frontier together!!
I am the Robot looking guy.
✅ Every Single Vote Counts!
Please take a minute to jump over to the Block Producer / Witness page and cast your votes. Simply click on the (^) up arrow next to my username "chronocrypto" and supply your private account or active key to lock in your vote.