HOW to BOOKMARK
This isn't a new feature, but it is a nice feature even though it comes with quirks.
You are probably familiar with bookmarking all sorts of pages and websites while browsing the internet. It is possible to use that browser feature for Whaleshares posts as well, but instead you could use the internal bookmark system.
It is easy to use and easy to manage, as it is all done within the user interface of the platform.
Why would you bookmark?
- You see a post you want to read, but don't have the time for right now
- You want to reply to a post, but have to give it some thought first
- You see a contest you want to participate in, but need to find time to perform the tasks involved
- You found an how-to post you want to secure for reference
- and so on
How to Bookmark?
Bookmarking is easy, you can either bookmark a post directly from your feed, or by opening a post first.
The feature is available in the dot-menu at the bottom.
Just click it.
After that the bookmarked post will show up in the Bookmarks section of the platform, similar to a feed listing.
Removing a bookmarked page, works the same way. Click the dot-menu and select Unbookmark post
What about the quirks?
These bookmarks are saved within the browser environment.
- they won't show up when you open the Whaleshares website in another browser
- they won't show up when you open the Whaleshares website on another device
- they are lost when you clear the cache of your browser
Assuming most of you will use the same computer/mobile device, and the same browser when accessing the Whaleshares website, this shouldn't really be a problem.
Use your witness votes wisely
Jump over to the Block Producer / Witness page and cast your witness votes. Simply click on the (^) up arrow next to the witness names of your choice (consider voting for "krazywitness" and "ijmmaiwitness") and supply your private active key to lock in your vote. Refresh the page in case your vote doesn't seem to stick.