Meet Our Blockchain Guardians - Clockwork
On the Whaleshares blockchain, witnesses serve a role of validating signatures and timestamping transactions by including them in blocks. A block is any group of transactions (posts, votes, transfers, etc) which update the state of the database. Each time a witness produces a block, they are paid for their service. If a witness fails to produce a block, then they are not paid, and may even be voted out.
Witnesses are generally expected to manage a reliable block producing node, implement a failover system, maintain a public seed node, tune blockchain operating parameters, but since Whaleshares is a infant blockchain most of the above mentioned are not rarely implemented yet.
As a WLS user who wants to see this platform continue to grow and flourish, we all have 30 votes to cast for any WLS witness of our choice and I will say this is the most important 30 votes you will ever cast on this platform.
Lets call them Blockchain Guardians or a slight used term block producers.
Meet our Blockchain Guardians is a series put in place to know more about our very own witnesses, there roles and obligations. We need them as much as they needs us. Our witness are the leaders on the platform and thus it is our paramount importance that we due our due diligence before casting our votes.
Today I had the opportunity to interview a person that helped me out from the start of my WLS journey and I am very grateful for this person.
What brought you to WLS?
- Like most others, I found out about WLS through the Bitshares hangouts and as a BitShares community member, at first was interested on the BitSharesTalk.io forums (which are WLS based). Combined with my love/hate relationship with Steem, it was a breath of fresh air :)
What got you interested in becoming a Witness?
- I'm already an active witness on BitShares so when prior to main-net WLS launch it was mentioned that WLS was in need of more witnesses (especially experienced ones) , I jumped at the chance to help the project out.
What have you developed for WLS?
- Nothing specifically for WLS so far. I do however have built various witness tools for BitShares, one of which (the witness monitor) is easily portable to WLS. I am also currently working on Beet which is a scatter-like app for BitShares which I'm hoping to integrate with whaleshares.io and also turn into a graphene-chain agnostic tool in the future for all Graphene chains (including WLS)
Being a witness takes a lot of time and energy, how do you keep a balance between this and other commitments?
- As a BitShares witness, WLS witness, BitShares committee member, developer of BitShares tools (with the Beet app currently under the bitshares-ui worker for funding) while also having a day-job, the answer is : with EXTREME difficulty. I just about make it however! :)
Where do you see WLS in 5 years?
- Hopefully as the de-facto MAS chain for decentralized communities that has spread outside the inner graphene ecosystem.
When you are not in front of your computer helping the WLS community, what other hobbies do you have?
- Spending time with my wife and children. Between family, work and BitShares/WLS there is no time for anything else.
If you could only vote for one witness (not yourself) who would it be and why?
- powerpicswitness by a large margin. The work he's done for both the WLS and BitShares communities is huge.
If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- git clone self
better late than never 😛
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer a couple questions for our community. 🤝🏻
As WhaleShares users we need to do everything in our power to choose Block Guardians that will represent the community well. Before voting make sure you do some research on the people you are voting for and be informed. Head over to https://whaleshares.io/~witnesses and click on some of the witnesses names, get to know them a bit better and do your part to make sure this community thrives.
Now that you have read something about @clockwork, It will be good and kind of you to show them some love by going to the witness page, search the box and type @clockwork to cast your vote for them as your Block Producer.
Please catch our next Meet Our Blockchain Guardians soon. Take Care.
Meet our Blockchain Guardians Series:
Find me on Discord, Lets explorer this frontier together!!
I am the Robot looking guy.
✅ Every Single Vote Counts!
Please take a minute to jump over to the Block Producer / Witness page and cast your votes. Simply click on the (^) up arrow next to my username "chronocrypto" and supply your private account or active key to lock in your vote.